1. In history and in folk medicine, honey is an important food. God used honey to motivate the Israelite people when He told them to, "Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey."(Exodus 33:3)
2. Raw Honey has been used as medicine since ancient times.
3. For centuries, honey was considered sacred due to its wonderfully sweet properties as well as its rarity. It was used in many religious ceremonies.
4. Apiculture, or the practice of beekeeping to produce honey, dates back to at least 700 B.C.
5. Honey was used by runners in the Olympic Games in ancient Greece as an energy source. Raw Honey is a smart part of a pre- and post-workout snack for better energy during a workout and better recovery afterwards.
6. Raw Honey contains small amounts of the same resins found in propolis as well as bee pollen. Raw Honey is not filtered or heated. Raw Honey is strained to pull out bee parts and wax, but heat destroys the nutritional value of honey (22 amino acids, 27 minerals, and over 5,000 enzymes). When Raw Honey is overly processed and heated the health benefits are largely eliminated.
7. Raw Honey contains disease-preventing and disease-fighting Flavonoids.
8. Raw Honey is scientifically proven to help with allergies, diabetes, sleep problems, coughs and wound healing.
The above 8 items are from an article by Dr. Axe.
#9 - My Interesting Fact: Honey is mentioned 61 times in the Bible! I think God loves his little worker bees and their sweet nectar.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Sane!